HMO Training Heritage Leaders: “Communication Strategy and Strategic Marketing for Cultural Organizations”
HMO Training Heritage Leaders
Executive Leadership Development in Heritage Management Workshops
Communication Strategy and Strategic Marketing for Cultural Organizations
24-26 October, 2017
Location: HMO Headquarters, Kimonos 11 & Pagkalou, Elefsina, Greece
Today, more than ever, it is critical that strong messages be part of an effective communication strategy for today’s leaders. By focusing more on content, when embracing traditional as well as social media, leaders can more effectively manage and enhance the reputation of their organizations.
This 3-day interactive, content-driven course is a focused learning experience that provides a systemic approach on how to successfully attract the attention of key audiences through traditional, new and social media. At the end of the workshop, participants will have a working guide to effectively communicate news, initiatives and announcements of their organization.
The workshop’s instructor, Derwin Johnson, has a 20-year experience as a journalist for CNN and ABC News and is a professional media consultant and trainer.
- Suggested donation for participation: 1500 Euros (tuition, refreshments and light lunch)
- All applications will be considered for a scholarship.
- Headley Trust scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for heritage managers from Balkan countries and Turkey (excluding airfare/travel expenses and the 2017 HMO membership fee).
To apply for this workshop please:
- 1) fill in and submit the HMO Executive Leadership Program in Heritage Management Application Form
- 2) after receiving confirmation of receipt of your application, complete the application process by submitting your curriculum vitae, personal statement and reference letter (which may come in separately by your referee at their earliest convenience). All your application documents may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should not exceed 750 words in total and your curriculum vitae should be up to 1000 words maximum.
- 3) a reasonable proficiency in spoken and written English is required to attend the course. In order to assess it, applicants will be asked to participate in a personal (spoken) interview.
After acceptance of their application file, participants will receive an official letter outlining in detail the conditions of participation. HMO membership is required for participation in all HMO Executive Leadership in Heritage Management Workshops. Participants will be asked to arrange payment of the HMO Membership Fee for 2017 and book their accommodation in Elefsina by filling in and submitting the HMO Communications Workshop 2017 Booking Form Recipients of scholarships for participation in this workshop are required to pay the general HMO membership fee (100 Euros).
Spaces for this workshop are limited, so please apply early
The first application deadline is Friday September 15, 2017
For questions regarding the application process and the administrative aspects of the course, contact Dr. Eleni Drakaki at email@example.com