We currently have the following vacancy: Financial administrator.
Position: Part-time (18-22,5 hours p/week)
Location: Europa Nostra Office in The Hague (The Netherlands)
Duration of contract: initial period of 1 year, with possibility of renewal
About Europa Nostra
Active for almost 60 years, Europa Nostra is the largest and most representative federation of cultural heritage NGO’s in Europe and a key civil society partner of the European Union in heritage matters. Europa Nostra’s headquarters are located in The Hague, with a thriving EU-liaison office in Brussels.
Europa Nostra campaigns to save Europe’s endangered monuments, sites and landscapes, in particular through the 7 Most Endangered Programme. It celebrates excellence through the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary. Europa Nostra actively contributes to the definition and implementation of European strategies and policies related to heritage, through a participatory dialogue with European Institutions and the coordination of the European Heritage Alliance. Europa Nostra is among the official partners of the New European Bauhaus initiative developed by the European Commission, and has recently been elected as the Regional Co-Chair of the Climate Heritage Network for Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Europa Nostra is a proud partner of several EU co-funded projects such as the European Cultural Heritage Agora: Empowering Europe’s Civil Society Movement for Heritage as well as a number of cooperation projects, including Cultural Heritage in Action (Creative Europe), European Heritage Awards, MERITA (Creative Europe) and IMPACTOUR (Horizon 2020).
Together with a strong consortium of European partners, Europa Nostra has been recently selected by the European Commission to implement the European Heritage Hub pilot project.
Europa Nostra is seeking a Finance Administrator to join and support our Finance and Membership team.
Your tasks will include, among others:
● Processing incoming invoices, expenses forms, regular payments and project-related payments;
● Issuing of membership invoices and processing income from memberships and donations;
● Processing of bank statements;
● Processing and checking of credit card transactions;
● Preparing of financial documentation and updates for meetings;
● Preparing quarterly reports on membership/donation income, project income and expenditure;
● Preparing documents required for audits and assisting in the annual audit as well as EU-project related audits.
Required knowledge and skills
● Very good bookkeeping and administrative skills;
● Relevant computer skills and experience with EXACT online software;
● Experience or interest in working with a small team in an international environment and a non-profit organisation;
● Preferably experience in the financial administration of EU funded projects;
● Valid working permit to work in The Netherlands;
● Good knowledge of English and Dutch;
● References available upon demand;
● Preferably living in or close to The Hague.
What we offer
● The opportunity to join a small dynamic and multicultural Staff team based both in Brussels and in The Hague;
● An initial contract for 12 months, which can subsequently lead to a permanent contract;
● A competitive salary in line with the cultural, non-profit sector depending on skills and on the level of experience;
● A holiday allowance of 8%;
● 30 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment);
● A pension scheme;
● Commuting costs compensation.
How to apply
● The position is open until filled
● Interested candidates are invited to send to Barbara Zander, The Hague Office Coordinator (email@example.com) an email with their Curriculum Vitae and their motivation letter addressed to the Secretary General, Sneška Quaedvlieg – Mihailović (in Dutch or in English)