(M/F, 5 DAYS – 37.5 HOURS - PER WEEK)
Location: The Hague
Closing date: 20 January 2013
Contract: 4 months, (5 days a week)
Start date: 18 March 2013
The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards were launched jointly by the European Commission and Europa Nostra, the Voice of Cultural Heritage in Europe, as part of the implementation of the Culture Programme. The aims of the Awards Scheme are twofold: to promote high standards and quality skills of conservation practice and to stimulate the trans-frontier exchanges in the heritage field. By furthering the “Power of Example”, the Awards Scheme also aims to encourage further exemplary initiatives in favour of heritage throughout Europe.
The trainee will report directly to the Awards coordinator responsible for the overall co-ordination, management and communication of the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards.
Some of the tasks will include:
• Supporting the administration of the Awards Scheme
• Providing assistance to the Communications department
• Assisting staff members in the organization of the Europa Nostra Annual Congress and Awards Ceremony 2013 (Athens, June 2013)
• Editing, translations and proof-reading
• Updating visual documentation and the website (using the CSM)
• Photo editing (Gimp, Photoshop) and archiving
• Using Facebook/ Twitter / Wikipedia / Flickr / You Tube and Google products / Issuu / Slideshare and other social media
• Preparation of press clippings and press files
• BA or MA student
• English native speaker (strong preference) or fluent English; good command of French or other European languages will be an asset
• Computer literacy (word processors, spreadsheets, Internet, IT archiving)
• Strong evidence of excellent written communication skills
• Basic understanding of a CMS (Content management system) and CRM (Customer relationship management)
• Accuracy and precision
• Ability to work in a team, but also fully independent
• Prepared to live in The Hague or its surroundings
• Research skills
• Knowledge of html will be an asset
What we offer:
An inspiring international working environment in a very well established mission-driven organisation with a large network of members and contacts in all parts of Europe and within a multicultural and multilingual staff team.
An intership fee indication of up to € 250 net per month for a 37.5 hours / 5 days working week from March to July 2013.
Applications should include a motivation letter and a full curriculum vitae, and should be sent to email@example.com no later than 20 January 2013, to the attention of Mrs Sneška Quaedvlieg-Mihailović, Secretary General
For additional information you may contact
Mrs Elena Bianchi
+31 70 3024058