Homo Faber 2022: Living Treasures of Europe and Japan
Homo Faber event returns to Venice in 2022 to unveil an unprecedented cultural experience of
craftsmanship with 15 immersive exhibitions. For its second edition, the event looks to highlight
the excellence of master craftsmanship internationally. With a special focus on craftspeople from
Japan, it spotlights the country’s venerated craftsmanship traditions and time-honoured skills, and
showcases its influence on European creativity and craftsmanship. Together, the exhibition
spaces showcase a diverse array of materials and expertise, from traditional skills in danger of
being lost to the most cutting-edge contemporary techniques.
What to expect:
• 15 exhibition spaces, each dedicated to different aspects of craftsmanship, imagined by a team of world-class designers, curators and architects
• A special focus on craftspeople from Japan and their time-honoured skills, featuring the work of 12 National Living Treasures, a prestigious designation for its finest master artisans
• International master artisans and rising stars illustrate the diversity of materials, techniques, origins and skills behind functional everyday objects and outstanding decorative pieces
• An immersive experience with interactive digital initiatives, exceptional scenography and live artisan demonstrations
• Homo Faber in Città, a chance to experience craftsmanship across Venice
The exhibition will open from 10 April to 1 May, 10.00-19.00 daily.
Discover Venice the #HomoFaberWay. You can buy your tickets on homofaber.com. Limited tickets will also be available on site.