Round Table on ‘Modern Heritage at Risk’ at the European Parliament
A round table on ‘Modern Heritage at Risk’ will be organised on Tuesday 23 February 2016 at the European Parliament in Brussels by MEP Momchil Nekov, member of the Culture and Education Committee (S&D, Bulgaria), to give more visibility to the need of protection and preservation of our cultural heritage.
The discussion is aimed at focusing on the role of socialist heritage in post-socialist countries. Sneška Quaedvlieg-Mihailović, Secretary General of Europa Nostra, will join the debate together with representatives of the European Parliament and ICOMOS Germany, Bulgaria, Romania and Belgium.
European Parliament (Room A3H-1)
– MEP Momchil Nekov, S&D CULT
– MEP Victor Negrescu, S&D
– Ms Sneška Quaedvlieg-Mihailović, Secretary General of Europa Nostra
Panel discussion ‘Modern heritage at risk: value, potentials and challenges ahead’
– Mr Jean-Marc Basyn, ICOMOS Belgium
– Ms Anke Zalivako, ICOMOS Germany
Panel discussion ‘Common socialist heritage in post-socialist countries: projects in progress’
– Arch.Dumitru Rusu, ICOMOS Romania – ‘SocHeritage platform’
– Arch. Delcho Dechev, ‘Transformatori’ Association – ‘1300 years Bulgaria monument’
– Arch. Dora Ivanova, ICOMOS Germany – ‘Buzludzha project’
Screening of the documentary ‘The Ghost of Buzludzha’
Discussion and closing remarks
If you are interested to attend this discussion and don’t have access badge to the European Parliament, please make contact before Monday 22 February noon with Ms Desislava Ivanova (email@example.com), parliamentary assistant to Mr Nekov.