Workshop on “Cultural heritage, cohesion policies and wellbeing: a virtuous circle” during #EURegionsWeek 2021
The workshop “Cultural heritage, cohesion policies and wellbeing: a virtuous circle” which will take place on October 13, 2021 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM, in the framework of the #EURegionsWeek 2021.
The workshop aims to discuss the contribution of cultural heritage to societal well-being and local development, drawing on the rich experience of the HERIWELL Consortium and ESPON EGTC, URBASOFIA, and the EU- funded project Cultural Heritage in Action.
What is it about?
- The session will address the challenge of aligning policies across European cultural heritage territories, in order to contribute to territorial development and foster societal well-being.
- It will highlight concrete examples and case-studies on how cultural heritage can act as a catalyst for societal well-being, territorial competitiveness and sustainable growth.
- It will highlight the contribution of EU funds to unlock the potential of cultural heritage for territorial development and wellbeing.
- It will bring together heritage experts, public institutions and civil society stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary dialogue.
Structure of the workshop:
- Setting the theoretical background: key concepts
- The contribution of cohesion policy to unlocking the potential of cultural heritage
- 2 Real world examples:
– ISTER project ConnectIng hiSTorical Danube rEgions Roman routes
– Rediscovering the Antonine Wall
- The way forward: Recommendations for future policy actions
How to register?
Register to the workshop now! To do so, simply access the official EUWeek page. Please, note you have to create a profile to register. This will only take you a few minutes.