6th UNESCO UNITWIN Conference 2019: “Value of Heritage for Tourism”
6th UNESCO UNITWIN Conference 2019
“Value of Heritage for Tourism”
8-12 April 2019 – University of Leuven (Belgium)
Heritage and tourism constitute a winning team if managed properly!
Heritage offers an excellent asset for heritage and cultural tourism on the one hand while the sharing of heritage’s values with locals and visitors provoke learning processes and experience on the other hand. The visitor is able to contribute in many ways to heritage conservation while heritage adds to the attractiveness of a place and therefore to the local economy and identity which, in turn, justifies heritage conservation.
The themes of the conference will deal with:
• Economic value of heritage for tourism
• Tourism contributing to heritage conservation
• Heritage conservation contributing to tourism
• Managing the gap between use value and exchange value
• Host-guest alliances in view of heritage conservation
• Sustainability of heritage tourism products
• UNESCO WH recognition: legitimation of heritage tourism
• Heritage labels and tourism development
• Good management practices at touristic heritage sites
• Valorization of heritage through learning
• Valorization of heritage for identity, empathy, citizenship
• Heritage contributing to meanings, memories, sense of place
Online registration is now open!
Submit an abstract and share your research with other experts in the field.
The deadline for submitting abstracts for presentations or posters is 15 October, 2018.
For more information about the event, visit the dedicated website.