The network project European Cultural Heritage Agora: “Empowering Europe’s Civil Society Movement for Heritage” (2022-2024) is carried out by Europa Nostra and funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
The main objectives of the Agora project are:
• To support the cultural and heritage ecosystems to thrive, be more resilient, innovative, diverse and democratic through the emergence of new approaches;
• To promote a people-centred and participatory approach to cultural heritage governance; and
• To raise awareness of the multiple values of cultural heritage for our economy, society and the environment, both in the framework of Europe’s recovery as well as its long-term future.
The Agora network project is composed of 7 Work Packages, each being divided into sub-activities, and all of them being closely interrelated. These shall be implemented in an effective and consistent manner throughout the 3-year project timeframe to mutually support their achievements.
- Project Management and Coordination
Project Implementation Team
Monitoring & Advisory Committee
- Networking of Organisations and Individuals throughout Europe and beyond
European Cultural Heritage Summits
Sub-networks for heritage: #Women4Heritage | #Youth4Heritage | #World4Heritage
- Training and Providing Advice to Professionals
European Heritage Masterclasses
European Heritage Youth Residencies
- Representing the Sectors and Advocating on their behalf on Key Sectoral Issues
European Heritage Alliance
Thematic working groups
- Collecting and Disseminating Data, Information, Practices, Ideas and Solutions
- Communication and Dissemination
Online communication and social media
- Campaigning for Saving Heritage in Danger in and beyond Europe
Awareness raising via the 7 Most Endangered Programme
Other heritage at risk campaigns
These activities intend to benefit Europa Nostra’s wide network of members, partners, heritage stakeholders, policy-makers and citizens at large.
The expected outcomes are the consolidation and mobilisation of a civil society movement for cultural heritage across Europe and beyond, the development of pertinent heritage-related policies and funding and the improvement of the perception and participation in their cultural heritage by citizens.