HMO Training Heritage Leaders “Strategic Planning for Heritage Managers”
HMO Training Heritage Leaders
Executive Leadership Development in Heritage Management Workshops
Strategic Planning for Heritage Managers
2-4 May, 2018
Location: The Heritage Management Organization Headquarters Kimonos 11 & Pagkalou streets, 19200, Elefsina, Greece
Strategy is considered to be the queen of the managerial disciplines and a key success factor in all areas of human activity. In this respect, there are numerous examples of how a successful strategy can lead to success, even in cases where resources are limited and are not overwhelmingly superior to those of competitors.
This 3-day interactive course aims to provide the tools and methodologies to effectively address the topics of successful strategy formulation and implementation in organisations managing cultural heritage in the contemporary complex environment. At the end of the course, participants will be empowered to use methods and tools of strategic analysis to devise and evaluate alternative strategic choices, while they will comprehend the demands of a strategy implementation project.
The workshop’s instructor, Alexandros Papalexandris, is an Assistant Professor at the Athens University of Economics and Business and a former senior consultant at Deloitte, while he has more than 15 years’ research and consulting experience in the areas of strategy development and implementation.
- Suggested donation for participation: 1500 Euros (tuition, refreshments and light lunch).
- Headley Trust scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for heritage managers from Balkan countries and Turkey (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- American Express Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for participants from World Monuments Fund partner organizations (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- A. G. Leventis Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for heritage managers working on (broadly defined) Greek cultural heritage (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- Kaplan Foundation Scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for individuals actively involved in the research, study and promotion of the sites of Corinth, Delos, Larisa and Olympia (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- Heritage Management Organization scholarships will be available for applicants who do not qualify for any of the above mentioned scholarships (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
To apply for this workshop please:
1) fill in and submit the Executive Leadership Program in Heritage Management Application Form
2) after receiving confirmation of receipt of your application, complete the application process by submitting your curriculum vitae, personal statement and reference letter (which may come in separately by your referee at their earliest convenience). All your application documents may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should not exceed 750 words in total and your curriculum vitae should be up to 1000 words maximum.
3) reasonable proficiency in spoken and written English is required to attend the course. In order to assess it, applicants will be asked to participate in a personal (spoken) interview.
After acceptance of their application file, participants will receive an official letter outlining in detail the conditions of participation. Heritage Management Organization membership is required for participation in all of our Organization’s Executive Leadership in Heritage Management Workshops. Participants will be asked to arrange payment of the Heritage Management Organization Membership Fee for 2018 and book their accommodation in Elefsina by filling in and submitting the Strategy Workshop 2018 Booking Form Recipients of scholarships for participation in this workshop are (generally) required to pay the general HMO membership fee (100 Euros).
Spaces for this workshop are limited, so please apply early. The application deadline is Monday 2 April 2018.
For questions regarding the application process and the administrative aspects of the course, contact Dr. Eleni Drakaki at email@example.com