HMO Training Heritage Leaders “Communication Strategy and Strategic Marketing for Cultural Organisations”
The Heritage Management Organization
Training Heritage Leaders
Executive Leadership Development in Heritage Management Workshops
Communication Strategy and Strategic Marketing for Cultural Organizations
23-25 October, 2018
Location: The Heritage Management Organization Headquarters,
Kimonos 11 & Pagkalou, Elefsina, Greece
Today, more than ever, it is critical that strong messages be part of an effective communication strategy for today’s leaders. By focusing more on content, when embracing traditional as well as social media, leaders can more effectively manage and enhance the reputation of their organizations.
This 3-day interactive, content-driven course is a focused learning experience that provides a systemic approach on how to successfully attract the attention of key audiences through traditional, new and social media. At the end of the workshop, participants will have a working guide to effectively communicate news, initiatives and announcements of their organization.
The workshop’s instructor, Derwin Johnson, has a 20-year experience as a journalist for CNN and ABC News and is a professional media consultant and trainer.
- Suggested donation for participation: 1500 Euros (tuition, refreshments and light lunch).
- A. G. Leventis Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition and/or accommodation) will be available for heritage managers working on (broadly defined) aspects of Greek cultural heritage (excluding airfare/travel expenses and the Heritage Management Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- Kaplan Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition and/or accommodation) will be available for individuals actively involved in the research, study and promotion of the sites of Corinth, Delos, Larisa and Olympia (excluding airfare/travel expenses and the Heritage Management Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- Paul and Alexandra Canellopoulos Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition) will be available for Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports appointed employees (excluding airfare/travel expenses and the Heritage Management Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
- Heritage Management Organization scholarships will be available for applicants who do not qualify for any of the above-mentioned scholarships (excluding airfare/travel expenses and the Heritage Management Organization’s 2018 membership fee).
To apply for this workshop please:
- fill in and submit the Executive Leadership Program in Heritage Management application form;
- after receiving confirmation of receipt of your application, complete the application process by submitting your curriculum vitae, personal statement and reference letter (which may come in separately by your referee at their earliest convenience). Please submit all your application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should not exceed 750 words in total and your curriculum vitae should be no more than 1000 words.
- A reasonable proficiency in spoken and written English is required to attend the course. In order to assess it, applicants will be asked to participate in a personal (spoken) interview.
After approval of their application file, participants will receive an official letter outlining in detail the conditions of participation. Heritage Management Organization Membership is required for
participation in all of our Organization’s Executive Leadership in Heritage Management Workshops. Recipients of scholarships for participation in this workshop are (generally) required to pay the general membership fee (100 Euros).
Spaces for this workshop are limited, so please apply early
Deadline for Applications: Friday, 21 September 2018
For questions regarding the application process and the administrative
aspects of the course, contact Dr. Eleni Drakaki at email@example.com