HMO Training Heritage Leaders: “Successful Fundraising for Heritage Managers: Strategies and Best Practices”, Athens
The Heritage Management Organization
Training Heritage Leaders
Executive Leadership Development in Heritage Management Workshops
Successful Fundraising for Heritage Managers:
Strategies and Best Practices
15-17 February, 2019
Location: Library of The Friends of Music Society,
Megaron Mousikis Athinon (The Athens Concert Hall),
Vasilissis Sofias & Kokkali 1, 115 21 Athens, Greece
This 3-day workshop combines lectures, case studies, class discussions and interactive exercises to develop and apply successful fundraising strategies and skills for increasing contributed revenues to advance, support and sustain your organization.
H2Growth Strategies LLC principals Linda C. Hartley (MBA, Stern SchoolNYU) and Vivien Hoexter (MBA, Wharton School-UPENN) will conduct the workshop. The H2Growth Strategies team has partnered with over 100 not-for-profit organizations to raise over $ 1.5 billion through capital campaigns, program initiatives, and leadership development.
Hoexter and Hartley have co-authored a new book, Big Impact: Insights & Stories From America’s Non-Profit Leaders, after interviewing nearly 50 non-profit CEOs from across the United States, including international foundations such as the Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Brothers Fund. The authors share successful strategies for leadership, large-scale problem solving, and effecting social change with the aim of inspiring readers to lead and support causes in their own communities. For more information about H2Growth and the book, click here: BIG IMPACT
- Suggested donation for participation: 1500 Euros (tuition, refreshments and light lunch).
- American Express Foundation scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition, board and accommodation) will be available for participants from World Monuments Fund partner organizations (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2019 membership fee).
- Kaplan Foundation Scholarships (partial or full coverage towards tuition and accommodation) will be available for individuals actively involved in the research, study and promotion of a) the sites of Corinth, Delos, Larisa and Olympia in Greece; b) the site of Stobi in FYROM; c) various sites in Algeria (supported by the Kaplan Foundation) (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2019 membership fee)
- Various other scholarships as well as Heritage Management Organization scholarships for participation will be available for qualified candidates (excluding airfare/travel expenses and our Organization’s 2019 membership fee).
To apply for this workshop please:
- 1) fill in and submit the Executive Leadership Program in Heritage Management Application Form
- 2) after receiving confirmation of receipt of your application, complete the application process by submitting your curriculum vitae, personal statement and reference letter (which may come in separately by your referee at their earliest convenience). All your application documents may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should not exceed 750 words in total and your curriculum vitae should be up to 1000 words maximum.
- 3) a reasonable proficiency in spoken and written English is required to attend the course. In order to assess it, applicants will be asked to participate in a personal (spoken) interview.
After approval of their application file, participants will receive an official letter outlining in detail the conditions of participation. Heritage Management Organization Membership is required for participation in all of our Organization’s Executive Leadership in Heritage Management Workshops. Recipients of scholarships for participation in this workshop are (generally) required to pay the general membership fee (100 Euros).
Spaces for this workshop are limited, so please apply early.
The application deadline is Sunday 13 January 2019
For questions regarding the application process and the administrative
aspects of the course, contact Dr. Eleni Drakaki at email@example.com