Join the ‘Meet and Greet’ Networking Sessions after the European Heritage Awards Ceremony 2020
For the first time ever and due to the safety precautions against COVID-19, in 2020 we are hosting a fully digital European Heritage Awards Ceremony (read more). The ‘Meet and Greet’ Networking Sessions will take place directly after the Ceremony and will provide a unique space for heritage enthusiasts to meet and exchange with Europe’s heritage success stories: the 21 winners of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards as well as the 6 shortlisted projects for the ILUCIDARE Special Prizes. The sessions take place via Zoom from 18:30 to 19:30 CET.
All sessions will take place simultaneously. To grasp the wide variety and richness of all the invited projects, participants are encouraged to visit more than one session. The laureates of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards and the shortlisted and winner projects of the ILUCIDARE Special Prizes are divided into eight categories according to their main focus, field of action and/or added value. Each session will be animated by two heritage specialists with relevant expertise in the thematic category.
What can you expect from these Networking sessions? The ‘Meet and Greet” sessions will be an opportunity to network, informally exchange and create links with Europe’s most captivating and successful heritage projects in a pleasant and celebratory atmosphere. Be ready to raise your glass to toast to their achievements!
Please see below to explore the eight different categories and the respective laureate and shortlisted projects, as well as the Zoom links to join each of the sessions.
Simply clicking the link will bring you to the meeting, but if you are not familiar with Zoom, you can read some useful instructions here.
We invite all participants to rename themselves as follows: Name – last name, project name or organisation, if applicable.
We encourage all participants to share their messages orally by taking the floor via the video function of the call. In case there are a lot of participants, the moderator may ask you to request to speak in the chat function before taking the floor.
We look forward to welcoming you on this occasion and warmly invite you to spread the word also among your contacts and network.
Share your experience about the ceremony and the networking sessions on social media! Europa Nostra will track and share the most relevant posts through its accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Please use the #EuropeanHeritageAwards hashtag and tag Europa Nostra and the Creative Europe programme’s accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
Promoting Technological Innovation
Moderators: Aziliz Vandesande, Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation / Department of Civil Engineering, Building Materials and Building Technology Section (KU Leuven), Postdoctoral researcher and Coordinator of the ILUCIDARE programme (Belgium) / Georgios Toubekis, Researcher at the Aachen Center for Documentation and Conservation at the Faculty of Architecture, RWTH Aachen University & Member of the Heritage Awards Jury for category Research (Greece/Germany)
Staff: Silvie Barends Malinovská, Executive Assistant & Membership
- Cross-border Collaboration for European Classical Music, CZECH REPUBLIC – Sven Ubik, CESNET
- Smart Heritage City, FRANCE/PORTUGAL/SPAIN – Juan Carlos Prieto Vielba, General manager, Fundación Santa María la Real
- Scanning for Syria, THE NETHERLANDS – Rients de Boer, Education Officer/Researcher, LDE Centre for Global Heritage and Development
Meeting ID: 975 5398 2959
Moderators: Cristina Vannini, Founder soluzionimuseali, Former Secretary-General ICOM Italy, Member of Heritage Awards Jury for category Education, Training and Awareness-Raising (Italy) / Jimmy Jamar Former Head of the European Commission Representation in Belgium, Head of the Europa Nostra office in Brussels (Belgium)
Staff: Giuseppe Simone, Website & Social Media Coordinator
- Turin Papyrus Online Platform (TPOP), ITALY – Christian Greco, Director Museo Egizio (tbc)
- Arolsen Archives Online, GERMANY – Floriane Azoulay, Director of the Arolsen Archives
- Mr. Don Duco, THE NETHERLANDS – Benedict Goes, Art-historian
Meeting ID: 945 3829 2043
Transmitting Knowledge & Tradition
Moderators: Piet Jaspaert, Vice-President of Europa Nostra (Belgium) / Marianne Ytterdal, Former board member of Fortidsminneforeningen & Member of the Heritage Awards Jury for category Dedicated Service (Norway)
Staff: Manon Richard, Projects Officer
- TYPA – Estonian Print and Paper Museum, Tartu, ESTONIA – Charlotte Biszewski, Manager
- Tramontana Network III, FRANCE/ITALY/POLAND/PORTUGAL/SPAIN – Luís Gomes da Costa, Coordinator
- Société de Lecture, Geneva, SWITZERLAND (not present)
Meeting ID: 982 6046 0075
Preserving our Memory
Moderators: Graham Bell, Director of the North of England Civic Trust & Board Member Europa Nostra(UK) / Yonca Erkan, Professor of Architecture at Kadir Has University, UNESCO Chair on Management and Promotion of World Heritage Sites & Member of the Heritage Awards Jury for category Education, Training and Awareness-raising (Turkey)
Staff: Arnout De Vleeschouwer, Programme Assistant European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards
- The Iron Bridge, Shropshire, UNITED KINGDOM – Nichola Tasker, Head of National Projects
- The Oppenheim House, Wrocław, POLAND – Kama Wrobel, Program Director / Aga Smutek, PR, Project Coordinator / Karolina Jara, Project Coordinator
- Auschwitz. Not long ago. Not far away, POLAND/SPAIN – Luis Ferreiro, Director, Musealia / Paweł Sawicki, Press Officer at the Auschwitz Memorial, Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum
Meeting ID: 961 1199 7149
Championing Community-driven Conservation
Moderators: Pavlos Chatzigrigoriou, post-doctoral researcher in the Interaction Systems Design Lab at the University of Aegean & Member of the Heritage Awards Jury for category Education, Training and Awareness-raising (Greece) / Anna Maija Halme, Secretary of Europa Nostra Finland & Council Member of Europa Nostra (Finland)
Staff: Sara Zanini, European Project Officer
- The Ambulance for Monuments, ROMANIA – Veronica Vaida, Architect / William Blacker, Writer
- The Friends of Czech Heritage, UNITED KINGDOM – Peter Jamieson, Chairman
- Subterranean Caves and Wineries of El Cotarro, province of Burgos, SPAIN – Marta Sanz -Gaitero, Volunteer
Meeting ID: 942 5592 9441
Furthering Community Development and Education
Moderators: Stefan Balici, Director General of the National Institute of Heritage of Romania & Council Member of Europa Nostra (Romania) / Elisabetta Airaghi, ILUCIDARE Jury Member & Consultant and Project Manager at KEA European Affairs (Italy)
Staff: Lorena Aldana Ortega, European Policy Coordinator
- Uccu Roma Informal Educational Foundation, HUNGARY – Szilvia Szénási Kissné, Chief Executive Officer
- SARAT – Safeguarding Archaeological Assets of Turkey, TURKEY – Gül Pulhan, Project General Coordinator / Işılay Gürsu / Lutgarde Vandeput
- Archaeology for a young future, ITALY/SYRIA – Stefania Ermidoro, Director
- The Secret Life of a Palace, Gödöllő, HUNGARY – Balázs Radimszky, Student of Török Ignác High School / Enikő Lengyel, Deputy Director / Ildikó Faludi, Museologist, Project Leader
Meeting ID: 985 1982 6688
Moderators: Carla Toffolo, Head of the Permanent Office of the International Private Committees for the Safeguarding of Venice & Council Member of Europa Nostra (Italy) / Koen Van Balen, Director of the Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation (RLICC) at the University of Leuven & Chair of the Heritage Awards Jury for category Conservation (Belgium)
Staff: Audrey Hogan, Programme Officer
- Manor Farm of Bois de Chênes, SWITZERLAND (not present)
- LocHal, Tilburg, THE NETHERLANDS – Job Roos, Director of Braaksma & Roos Architects
- St. John’s Bulwark, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, THE NETHERLANDS – Huibert Crijns, Project Manager
- Hvar’s Arsenal, CROATIA – Katija Vučetić – Head of Culture Department / Ita Pavičić – Senior Advisor for Utilities, Construction and Landscaping / Nino Pijanović – Head Administration / Jerina Ćurin and Martina Carić – Senior experts associate for construction, environmental protection and EU projects
Meeting ID: 924 0418 2462
Moderators: Laurie Neale, Member of Advisory Panel 7 Most Endangered & Council Member of Europa Nostra (Canada/The Netherlands) / Uwe Koch, former Head of German Cultural Heritage Board, Representative for Culture in Lusatia in the Ministry of Culture of the State of Brandenburg. Member of the Heritage Awards Jury in category Dedicated Service & Council Member of Europa Nostra (Germany)
Staff: Vicky Makridou, Digital Communication & Social Media Assistant
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest, HUNGARY – Istvan Manyi and Daniel Manyi, Managing Directors
- Rubens’ Garden Screen and Garden Pavilion, Antwerp, BELGIUM – Ben van Beneden, Director
- Basilica of Santa Maria di Collemaggio, L’Aquila, ITALY – Alessandra Vittorini, Director
- Epitaphs of the University Church of Leipzig, GERMANY – Rudolf Hiller von Gaertringen, Keeper of Art Collection
Meeting ID: 953 2874 4689