Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism Awards 2019: Apply by 1 July
The 2019 edition of the Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism Awards is now open for applications. The theme of this year’s edition is “Culture and Heritage for Responsible, Innovative and Sustainable Tourism” and seeks to contribute to the legacy of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, including the European Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage.
This Awards scheme will enhance the visibility of European cultural tourism destinations, create a platform for sharing experience and knowledge, and promote networking between destinations. This Awards scheme is open to tourist destinations across Europe, to showcase their results and outputs in sustainable cultural tourism under seven selected categories:
- Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Heritage Interpretation Facilities
- Innovation and Digitisation in Cultural Tourism Development and Promotion
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including Cultural Routes
- Culinary Heritage, Wine, Food and Gastronomy Tourism
- Contributions by Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) to Cultural and Creative Tourism
- Actions during the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, initiative on ‘Tourism and heritage’.
For more information about the 2019 Awards and how to apply, please visit the official website, where you can download the application form and the call for entries. Applications can be submitted by 1 July 2019.
The 2019 edition is organised by the European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN) in partnership with Europa Nostra, the European Travel Commission and the Network of European Regions for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism (NECSTouR) – which are all members of the European Heritage Alliance 3.3 – and supported by Iter Vitis, Cultural Route of the Council of Europe. Given the success and great synergies of the first joint edition of the Awards in 2018, the four partner networks decided to build on this fruitful collaboration by launching a new edition.
The 2019 Award winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony during the 12th International Conference for Cultural Tourism in Europe, which is organised by ETCN on 24-26 October 2019 in Granada, Spain.